The thing I love most about making a meal in a crockpot is coming home from work, opening the front door and the whole house smells delicious! For busy moms crockpot meals are awesome because it cooks while you’re away, come home and ta-da dinner is served!! I am going to share my roast recipe with you, it’s only a few ingredients, dump them in and go on with your day. Woohoo!
This recipe will work with whatever roast you choose, the grocery store seems to have more and more options for roast and it can be a little overwhelming in my opinion, just give me a dang roast! LOL. I usually get either a sirloin roast or a chuck roast because I can generally find them with a fat content that I like…ribbons of fat, not huge pockets of fat. I really wish that I had more pictures of this…I didn’t realize I took NONE when I got all my ingredients into the crockpot and then I didn’t take any pictures of the finished product until after we had already scarfed down our dinner, as you can see from the almost empty crockpot pic above! SHEESH, what a fail! My bad. In the recipe below I am including potatoes, carrots and onion to make a complete meal, no side dishes needed.
- 2 to 3 Pound Beef Roast
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Packet Brown Gravy mix
- 1 Cup of Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (optional)
- Gold Potatoes (optional)
- Fresh Carrots (optional)
- Lay your beef roast in the bottom of the crockpot and sprinkle with onion soup packet.
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut them into large chunks. Place potatoes and carrots around the roast. I usually use 4 to 5 potatoes.
- Pour in can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix brown gravy packet in 1 cup of beef broth and pour over all ingredients in crockpot.
- Chop onion and toss on top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!