Who doesn’t love a saucy, cheesy quesadilla? With just a few ingredients it’s a great after school snack or a quick, hot lunch. I use fresh chicken breast, but you could use pre cooked chicken breast, canned chicken or rotisserie chicken to make it even quicker!
One of my favorite things about quesadillas is that you make them individually so they can easily be customized! Onions, peppers, green chilies, mozzarella, cheddar, whatever you want just throw it on!
- Chicken Breast
- Flour Tortillas
- BBQ Sauce
- Red Onion
- Slice chicken breast into bite size chunks and cook thoroughly in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour BBQ sauce of your choice on top of the cooked chicken. I prefer Sweet Baby Rays! Yummmmm. Stir sauce into chicken until chicken is fully coated and the sauce is nice and warm. Set aside.
- In a skillet that is large enough that your tortilla can lay flat on the bottom melt a small amount of butter on medium heat. You don’t want too much butter, nobody likes a soggy tortilla! I use spray butter or Pam and it works great!
- Put a tortilla in the pan. Spread chicken across the bottom, but not too close to the edges or you will lose it all when you have to flip that bad boy.
- On top of the chicken add the onion, cheese and any other fun toppings you have decided on. Now put the second tortilla on top.
- You will want both sides of your quesadilla to be a nice golden brown and your cheese to be melty goodness which will take about 4 minutes on each side. When you flip it make sure to use a nice wide spatula, trust me on this one! 🙂
- Slide your quesadilla out of the pan straight onto a plate and cut into slices. I use a pizza cutter; Quick and easy.